dimecres, 19 de juny del 2013

Welsh Cakes

I think that I never did a post of a recipe so today I am going to write about it. This recipe gave my littel cousin.

INGREDIENTS

240g flour (or self raising flour)
90g butter
90g caster sugar
Handful of raisins 
1 medium egg
1/2 teaspoon of baking power
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon
A little milk (if necessary)


Put the self-raising flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Use a fork to mix all of the ingredients together.
Cut the butter into 2cm cubes.
Add the butter to the mix and use your fingers to rub the butter into the mixture until it is crumbly.
Break the egg into a bowl and whisk lightly until mixed.
Add the egg, sugar and raisins to the mixture. Mix all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
Sprinkle some flour on a wooden board and use a rolling pin to roll out the mixture to about 1cm thick.
Cut out as many cakes as possible.
Add a little to a frying pan and heat. Add some of the cakes to the pan and cook for three minutes. Turn the cakes over and cook for another three minutes. Each side should be golden brown.
Sprinkle some sugar on top.


1 comentari:

  1. mhhhhhhhhhhhhh I want that cakees! u make it?
    U have 2 do more for me!! Take it home at 4 o'clock ladyy, I will wait u :))

    ResponElimina